cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to start Windchill data migration or Customisation

AL_8469056
1-Newbie

How to start Windchill data migration or Customisation

Hi Folks,

I'm a mechanical engineer, and wanted to learn the Windchill Data migration and Customisation process.

Please let me know if PTC has some courses, or as mechanical engineer, what new things I need to learn to fullfill the requirements for Windchill data migration or Customisation Engineer. 

Thank you in advance 😊

3 REPLIES 3

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:AL_8469056)

I might recommend a course in Java, XML and JSP. 

@AL_8469056 Data migration and Customization are two different big Topics for Windchill PLM!

First of all, if you are a newbie in Windchill PLM, you should learn Windchill PDMLink Business Administration, we mean by it the functionality of the system. PTC has a full yet complete training catalog: see Windchill Training Catalog (ptcu.com), those are the live sessions on PTC Learning Connector.

However, there is no such full complete catalog for Windchill PLM Customization, and before dealing with customization, you should have knowledge in Java as @avillanueva mentioned, also check those posts:

As to data loading, this is another topic, it's usually more business or configuration than customization, unless if you are dealing with the Bulk Migrator, custom loader, or Java APIs:

All data loading tools except one are collected in this illustration: 

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 10.04.41 PM.png

Unfortunately, the above illustration needs a session to be explained!

Announcements
Top Tags