cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is there a way to mass assign Distribution Targets in the Change Task Resulting Objects table?

AG_10559607
3-Visitor

Is there a way to mass assign Distribution Targets in the Change Task Resulting Objects table?

Is there a way to mass assign Distribution Targets (DTs) in the Change Task Resulting Objects table?

Suppose I have 2000 objects in my Resulting Objects table of a Change Task and I do not know if they all have a DT assigned yet or not. Each view has its own DT i.e. a "New York" view of an Object needs to have the "New York" DT assigned to it. Is there a way to enable me to sort my table by view, make mass selections by view, and assign a DT to that view group selection? What I am describing is an "ideal" way of assigning DTs from my perspective, but it may not exist. Regardless, my question to the community is if this exact or similar functionality exists in Windchill PTC.

6 REPLIES 6

We have five distribution targets, one for each plant view.

Through a little customization, which I cannot share because it is done by a consultant, upon creation of each plant view of the codes that will be sent to the ERP system, the corresponding distribution target is automatically associated.

Marco

I think that happens with an option to associate a DT to a context. In our case, a view does not map to a Context 1 to 1 (for example, if we had 10 Context folder and 50 views). I guess we could make a Context for each view to allow the DTs to be assigned automatically (after reviewing the impact of moving or views around). Thanks for the info, Marco.

If anyone else has another method, please share!

Antonino

In our case, there is no correspondence between plants and contexts.

We have 5 plants and about 20 contexts

Marco

Would you be willing to share the consultant group that implemented that solution?

In an OOTB system that is the way to set the correlation between plant and target.

In our case, I just asked the consultant to confirm, since when we activated this mode the preference did not yet exist, the relationship is written within a custom Java class that contains much else and therefore has not yet been "disassembled" to bring the link between plant and target back to the system preference.

Marco
Top Tags