cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Limit process object type/subtype based on wtobject type/subtype

jbailey
17-Peridot

Limit process object type/subtype based on wtobject type/subtype

Has anyone (with limited or no customization), came up with a way to limit the type of a process object to select based on the base object type?

The use case I am investigating is this:

Subtype of Change Review (called Milestone Review). I want users to create Problem Reports against the review to document issues found while completing the review using a subtype of a PR (Review Finding). 

Ideally, even from the Action menu I would like the selection to be "New Review Finding" instead of "New Problem Report" when being created against the "Milestone Review" subtype.

jbailey_5-1719443301128.png

Alternatively, when "New Problem Report" is selected, I would like it to default to "Review Finding" as the subtype in the New PR wizard

3 REPLIES 3
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbailey)

Hi @jbailey 

I'm not sure You can achieve your needs without customization 

I would create new action with copied wizard from the problem report and just set the specific type in the copied wizard. But this is more then light customization 😄 

but the alternative is to set default problem report type but I am sure you know that 😄 

HelesicPetr_0-1719467119427.png

You can set it for a specific context, and allow to create it just in the specific context. 

PS> It would be really nice to have an option to just copy the action in the actionModel.xml and add some specific subtype that is allowed to  create by that action(button) 😄

PetrH

The "Problem" is I still want to use the OOTB Problem Report (or other PR Subtypes) as the default Problem Report - because this is reporting a "problem" against only a specific object type.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbailey)

@jbailey 

I understand you.

PetrH

Top Tags