cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Limit process object type/subtype based on wtobject type/subtype

jbailey
17-Peridot

Limit process object type/subtype based on wtobject type/subtype

Has anyone (with limited or no customization), came up with a way to limit the type of a process object to select based on the base object type?

The use case I am investigating is this:

Subtype of Change Review (called Milestone Review). I want users to create Problem Reports against the review to document issues found while completing the review using a subtype of a PR (Review Finding). 

Ideally, even from the Action menu I would like the selection to be "New Review Finding" instead of "New Problem Report" when being created against the "Milestone Review" subtype.

jbailey_5-1719443301128.png

Alternatively, when "New Problem Report" is selected, I would like it to default to "Review Finding" as the subtype in the New PR wizard

3 REPLIES 3
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbailey)

Hi @jbailey 

I'm not sure You can achieve your needs without customization 

I would create new action with copied wizard from the problem report and just set the specific type in the copied wizard. But this is more then light customization 😄 

but the alternative is to set default problem report type but I am sure you know that 😄 

HelesicPetr_0-1719467119427.png

You can set it for a specific context, and allow to create it just in the specific context. 

PS> It would be really nice to have an option to just copy the action in the actionModel.xml and add some specific subtype that is allowed to  create by that action(button) 😄

PetrH

The "Problem" is I still want to use the OOTB Problem Report (or other PR Subtypes) as the default Problem Report - because this is reporting a "problem" against only a specific object type.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbailey)

@jbailey 

I understand you.

PetrH

Top Tags