cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unable to add "Reviewer" tab on the "Select Participants" window of a Promotion Request

MIK_203
4-Participant

Unable to add "Reviewer" tab on the "Select Participants" window of a Promotion Request

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to implement a "Staggered" Approval Promotion process in Windchill. Apart from "Approvers", the workflow must also include "Reviewers" to be aware of the objects being promoted, but not need to perform any actions. I have added a couple of "Review" tasks similar to what was available in the OOTB "Two Level" Approval Process. However, even after adding all the necessary participants for the respective "Review Tasks", I am unable to view the "Reviewer" column in the "Select Participants" window of a Promotion Request.

How could I achieve this?

BWorkflowWorkflowNew_Promotion_Request.pngBest Regards,

Irfan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:MIK_203)

Hello @MIK_203 

I can see that the users are already selected. 

This means that configuration in the Preference Management the "Fixed Roles For Promote " is set 

HelesicPetr_0-1685969675022.png

If the preference is set then the roles are preselected and you can not change it.

PetrH

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hello @MIK_203 

Where the "reviewer" role is defined? in which Task? If the "reviewer" role is not used in any task, then it can not be shown in the table  

HelesicPetr_0-1684917430933.png

PetrH

MIK_203
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hello @HelesicPetr ,

Both "Review Tasks" as you see in the Workflow include the "Reviewer" & "Review Manager" as participants.

Attached a snapshot for reference.

BR, Irfan

Task_Participants.png

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @MIK_203 

Then do you really use the correct workflow? 

In the Process I can not see if you use the correct FW process or another one. Check it. 

Also you need to check if there is not same workflow template on lower level that can rewrite the upper wf. 

For example, you defined WF template on the organization, but you also try to create and change same wf on the site level 

change on site lvl can not be applied because it can be rewrite by org level template 

Don't forget check in wf template

PetrH

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @MIK_203 

Last thing, do you add a participant role to the roles of workflow ? not in a task but in a properties of wf

this can be the case.

HelesicPetr_0-1684917855491.png

PetrH

MIK_203
4-Participant

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

I have added all the necessary roles to the "Workflow" as seen in the snapshot. And also, I am using the correct WF Process in the Promotion Request. I have modified the Promotion Preference and this is what is currently in use.

Your point regarding the template being overwritten, this is something I need to look into. 

BR,

Irfan 

Particpants.PNG

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @MIK_203 

there is last thing what you can check,

Preference Management -> Fixed Roles For Promote

HelesicPetr_1-1684918906550.png

Try to add your reviewer there

PetrH

MIK_203
4-Participant

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

I checked the Templates folder and since this is a custom WF template, it is only created at an "Org Level" and not at "Site" level.

Also the preference setting you just mentioned includes both the Approver & Reviewer in there.

BR,

Irfan

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @MIK_203 

If you add a role to a task, then the role should appear in the table.

Another point is that you need to set the resource pool who can be assigned to the role .

So open the task where role is used. 

go to RoleSetup, set the view level of your role 

HelesicPetr_0-1684926144775.png

go to the  Resource Pool select yours role, and set the pool to context team. (thanks that you can select the participants )

HelesicPetr_1-1684926175492.png

The result >

HelesicPetr_4-1684926299390.png

this can help you

PetrH

MIK_203
4-Participant

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

I have set the Resource Pool as you mentioned. But still unable to get the desired outcome.

BR,

Irfan

Role_Setup.PNG

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @MIK_203 

I guess that you did something wrong or you just can not see it.

Try to just create new wf template with one task, add there your roles, and setup all this things, and add the wf process to the promotion preference,

Check if the roles are presented in the wizard or not. 

This way you can approve that all should work as you expected. Just simple wf template with two or three roles that are not Reviewer and Approver

PetrH 

Hi @MIK_203 

Here is example

Workflow

HelesicPetr_2-1684930602638.png

Task Participant

HelesicPetr_3-1684930618663.png

Role setup

HelesicPetr_4-1684930631210.png

Resource pool is set to context team

Preference

HelesicPetr_1-1684930537299.png

Wizard

HelesicPetr_0-1684930481484.png

PetrH

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

@MIK_203 

Your screenshot shows just configuration for Assignee. 

Click to reviewer and check if the resource pool is set 

HelesicPetr_1-1684930875418.png

Pool.

HelesicPetr_0-1684930869446.png

PetrH

MIK_203
4-Participant

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

I followed your feedback and created a new workflow from scratch, beginning with a simple Approval task and then building upon it to replicate the existing workflow. Now I am able to see all relevant roles needed in my workflow.

However, now I run into the issue where I am not able to manually select the Participants even though in the preferences, "Group Member Display = Yes".

BR,

Irfan

2023_06_02_09_38_05_New_Promotion_Request.png

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hello @MIK_203 

I can see that the users are already selected. 

This means that configuration in the Preference Management the "Fixed Roles For Promote " is set 

HelesicPetr_0-1685969675022.png

If the preference is set then the roles are preselected and you can not change it.

PetrH

Announcements
Top Tags