cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windchill Atributes Type (String and Integer)

luiz.hnm
8-Gravel

Windchill Atributes Type (String and Integer)

Is it possible to use an attribute connected to a CREO parameter in Windchill that reads both string and integer? If not, is there an easy way to convert the parameter type to string or integer inside the model in CREO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:BenLoosli)

That's what I figured, it would probably be easier to convert a string to integer on the Windchill side vs the relations required to first validate if the string even contains a number only... and then how to parse decimals if they exist etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:luiz.hnm)

So may be more of a Creo question... You can use a relation and itos

Create a prameter type integer integ

Create a relation integ_to_str = itos(integ)

New parameter value integ_to_str is a string with the string value from the integer param

I don't know if you can convert a string to an integer in Creo

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jbailey)

The only way to convert a string to an integer is a complex series of relations. It is a bit more complex than converting a floating number to a string.

jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:BenLoosli)

That's what I figured, it would probably be easier to convert a string to integer on the Windchill side vs the relations required to first validate if the string even contains a number only... and then how to parse decimals if they exist etc.

Top Tags