cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

let work offline Windchill

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine

let work offline Windchill

Good morning ,

Today I provide customer service, and we use VPN to connect to Windchill, at a certain time it disconnects and the next day we have to restart CREO, would there be any way to create some Script or GPO that I can let work offline? and then the other day leave it Online?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

you should be able to have people reconnect to VPN the next day and simply "reconnect" Creo. i'm assuming your license server is on the VPN along with the Windchill server. once the VPN connection is re-established, Creo will connect to the license server and Windchill. if someone has changed the server settings to work offline, they will need to uncheck this option to reconnect to Windchill.

if someone want to work offline, they simply check the Work Offline button as shown in your image.

if you want to automate with a script, can you share some more details about what the script will do?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

you should be able to have people reconnect to VPN the next day and simply "reconnect" Creo. i'm assuming your license server is on the VPN along with the Windchill server. once the VPN connection is re-established, Creo will connect to the license server and Windchill. if someone has changed the server settings to work offline, they will need to uncheck this option to reconnect to Windchill.

if someone want to work offline, they simply check the Work Offline button as shown in your image.

if you want to automate with a script, can you share some more details about what the script will do?

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine
(To:ScottMorris)

Hello ,

Something the VPN drops then the other comes back we have to restart CREO , I wanted some Script that when it is time sector it leaves Offline nothing else the other day the user connects to the VPN and leaves it online

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:MS_Santos)

I believe you can construct a Creo macro to do this. Purposefully going offline is a user decision so they can choose to disconnect and keep working. You would need a macro to do the reverse to bring them back online and sync workspaces.

i like @avillanueva idea, create a Creo mapkey to go Offline and to go Online. people can enter the mapkey when needed. i am not aware of a good solution to link the mapkey to a given time of day.

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine
(To:ScottMorris)

And how and do I have any manual how to do this?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS22968?source=search

You would turn on record and go into the server manager and click work offline. 

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine
(To:avillanueva)

As I understand it already makes him go offline? Wouldn't there be something more automated?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

@ScottMorris explained the process really well. Sounds like you want something that when offline and off VPN detects that VPN is back online, pings connection to Windchill and automatically switches to working online. You could write something in the startup batch script that checks connection of windchill and makes modifications to the workspace files flipping to online. That would be a one time check when starting. The are a number of things you can do to have a process running after Creo is started and checks Windchill's connection status. It would need to interact with Creo session to automate but that seems overkill. Might be enough to have clippy tap on the screen to tell the user "I see you are using a workspace offline. Would you like to reconnect to Windchill?". 

Top Tags