cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

CLI - Create a Test Suite and a Test Session

JosefK
5-Regular Member

CLI - Create a Test Suite and a Test Session

Hi there,

I am trying to create a Test Suite with Test Cases and later a Test Session within a batch script. For the Test Cases I am using "im createcontent" but I have no clue which commands to use for the Test Suite and Test Session. Is it possible to create such elements / documents with a batch script? If yes, how? 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JosefK,

you need to keep the integrity document model in mind (see support document CS186280 ).

First you need to create your Test Suite (segment)

im createsegment --field='Project=/Project2/Release 1.0' --type='Test Document' --field='Category=Document'

Then you can add your content (node)

im createcontent --parentID=23 --insertLocation=first 
You can then create your test session using
im createissue --type="Test Session" --field="Summary=Tests for..." --field="Project=/Projects/Release1" --field="Test Objective=Hardware Testing"
Regards,
Dominik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JosefK,

you need to keep the integrity document model in mind (see support document CS186280 ).

First you need to create your Test Suite (segment)

im createsegment --field='Project=/Project2/Release 1.0' --type='Test Document' --field='Category=Document'

Then you can add your content (node)

im createcontent --parentID=23 --insertLocation=first 
You can then create your test session using
im createissue --type="Test Session" --field="Summary=Tests for..." --field="Project=/Projects/Release1" --field="Test Objective=Hardware Testing"
Regards,
Dominik
JosefK
5-Regular Member
(To:D_Thierjung)

Thanks a lot. Createsegemnt was the last piece in the puzzle for my problem 😉

ptc-5278513
5-Regular Member
(To:D_Thierjung)

Hello Dominik,

As per your answer,

If I need to create Test Suite then what value shall I use in --type? as --type = Test Suite gives an error 
MKS6412130: Type "Test Suite" does not exist

Can you please help me with the --type we can use for Test Suite and Test Case as well.
Also from where we can get all the types for other entities as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Pushpendra Singh

Top Tags