cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CLI for Workflows & Docs, item history

Eric1
1-Newbie

CLI for Workflows & Docs, item history

Hi all,

Just started to work with the CLI for Integrity 2009 and I can't figure out how to get just the history for an item. im viewissue --showHistory 75941 includes the history with a bunch of other info, any way to get just the history info for the item?

My end goal is to get the history for every ID in a document which I would do by looping over the IDs in the document, is there a more elegant way to do this?

Thanks,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I see what you mean. It gives all the info on the item before showing the historical changes, etc. There is no history field, as the command simply shows what is displayed on the HIstory tab of the Integrity item.

We do have an RFC in the system to allow for more control over what history can be displayed. If you contact support or open a case online we would be more than happy to attach to you this RFC (RFC# 106531) and keep you up to date on any developments towards this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What is the "other info" you are referring to?

Hi,

If you send "im viewissue --showHistory 75946" you get a bunch of info on the issue with the history tacked onto the bottom. I can easily parse the info for the history but was wondering if there was a more direct way, e.g. "im issues --fields=History --queryDefinition=(field["ID"]=75941)" but there is no field name History, it appears you can only get the last Modified By and Modified Date.

Thanks,
Eric

I see what you mean. It gives all the info on the item before showing the historical changes, etc. There is no history field, as the command simply shows what is displayed on the HIstory tab of the Integrity item.

We do have an RFC in the system to allow for more control over what history can be displayed. If you contact support or open a case online we would be more than happy to attach to you this RFC (RFC# 106531) and keep you up to date on any developments towards this.

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:Eric1)

Hi Eric,

as far as I know you can use

im viewissue --showHistory --showHistoryAscending [issueid]

At least in I10.2 it gives you just what you're expecting 😉 , e.g.

Modified by: Rump, Matthias (derump) on Wed Sep 03 12:37:58 CEST 2008

Modified Fields:

zuständiger Bearbeiter: Rump, Matthias (derump)

Beschreibung: Kontinuierliche Wartung und Pflege des MKS Produktiv Servers

Innenauftrag: 12345678

Modified by: Rump, Matthias (derump) on Thu Oct 08 12:20:21 CEST 2009

Modified Fields:

Innenauftrag: 1100986

Modified by: Rump, Matthias (derump) on Thu Oct 08 12:21:06 CEST 2009

Modified Fields:

Innenauftrag: 1101237

Modified by: Rump, Matthias (derump) on Wed Nov 04 10:57:52 CET 2009

Modified Fields:

Disziplin: Software

Planned Start Date: Nov 4, 2009 GMT+00:00

Modified by: Rump, Matthias (derump) on Wed Apr 28 13:31:52 CEST 2010

Modified Fields:

Task_Category: Wartung

Modified by: Rump, Matthias (derump) on Tue Oct 05 19:26:28 CEST 2010

Modified Fields:

Jobs: 61804

Modified by: Rump, Matthias (derump) on Thu Dec 02 18:53:45 CET 2010

Modified Fields:

HTH Matthias

Eric1
1-Newbie
(To:mrump)

Hi Matthias,

It does show the history but it is appended to all the other normal info for the ID. It is easy to strip it out but I like to ask the database for the minimum amount of info as a general rule...

Thanks,
Eric

Top Tags