cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CLI with --project= option and revision number

pnone
4-Participant

CLI with --project= option and revision number

Hello Support,

in the CLI si viewproject --project="#p=/root_project/project.pj#s=sub-project/project.pj#d=dev_test"  how do I provide the sub-project revision number on the development path dev_test?

--projectRevision= is not allowed because --project= option is being used.

Eagerly waiting.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:pnone)

Hello Pashan,

Then I don't understand the question because my example works and it does use projectRevision with the project option.

I have never seen this syntax in the CLI: "#p=/root_project/project.pj#s=sub-project/project.pj#d=dev_test", so I may be confused.

Have you tried the syntax I proposed, especially example #2?

If you want a specific checkpoint (project revision), you don't have to specify the devpath since it's already implied.

Sorry, that's all I have.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LLawton
14-Alexandrite

I think you want the "--devpath" option.

From the example you provided, the command would be:

si viewproject --project="/root_project/sub-project/project.pj" --devpath=dev_test

You could also try:

si viewproject --project="/root_project/sub-project/project.pj" --projectRevision=1.3.1.5

In this example, your dev path started from main line checkpoint 1.3 and has a number of checkpoints

Notes:

- The two commands are not strictly equivalent depending on context, but I include them because you did mention projectRevision.

- No need for "#", and there is no distinction between project and sub-project in this case.

- You can type "si viewproject -?" for syntax and all options (true of any command).

pnone
4-Participant
(To:LLawton)

Hello Laurent,

That will not work, because when you use --project= option then --projectRevision= will not be accepted. That's what my question was. When I use --project= option, then how do I mention the version number in the CLI for "si viewproject" command.

Hopefully my question is clear.

Thank you.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

Hello Pashan,

Then I don't understand the question because my example works and it does use projectRevision with the project option.

I have never seen this syntax in the CLI: "#p=/root_project/project.pj#s=sub-project/project.pj#d=dev_test", so I may be confused.

Have you tried the syntax I proposed, especially example #2?

If you want a specific checkpoint (project revision), you don't have to specify the devpath since it's already implied.

Sorry, that's all I have.

pnone
4-Participant
(To:LLawton)

Hello Laurent,

You are right. It works as you mentioned.

Thank you.

Regards

Top Tags