cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to best leverage a common set of legacy test steps.

byoung
1-Newbie

How to best leverage a common set of legacy test steps.

I have several legacy protocols that use the same set of test steps. What is the best way in Integrity to leverage a common set of test steps across several test protocols without having to individually include each test step within a test case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI Bob,

what about another Test Case, where you link the Test Steps into?

And the Test Case then you share between the different tests where you need them? Give the test case a specific category, such as "Initializing Steps" to make clear that this is a "cover" test case.

(not tried by myself, just an idea ....)

Volker

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HI Bob,

what about another Test Case, where you link the Test Steps into?

And the Test Case then you share between the different tests where you need them? Give the test case a specific category, such as "Initializing Steps" to make clear that this is a "cover" test case.

(not tried by myself, just an idea ....)

Volker

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hello Bob,

Did Volker's suggestion help?  If so, could you mark his post with the Correct Answer button?  If not, could you let us know how much further his suggestion got you?

By sharing your results with us, it lets us know if this issue has been resolved or not, and captures that knowledge so that others looking for the same or similar information can find out what worked for you.

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags