cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Launchanywhere-Error, when using Integrity "remotely".

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

Launchanywhere-Error, when using Integrity "remotely".

Hi @all,

we're using Integrity 10.2, and this question is about the source-part of it. We've written a helper-tool (in visual basic) as an assistant for our users to help them sharing subprojects into other subprojects. Its more or less just a GUI for some commandline-operations. The first operation (of course) is to connect to an integrity-server. This ist the commandline for this:

si connect --hostname=<servername> --port=7001 --gui

In the vb-code it looks like this:

sCMD = "si connect --hostname=" + sServer + " --port=" + sPort + " --gui"

Shell(sCMD, AppWinStyle.Hide, True)

This tool ist now running since more than a year without problems. Now we have one user, which has the following problem: If he uses the helper-tool, he gets following error-message:

Can't launch executable. (The Launchanywhere properties file is missing).

This error pops up only when using the helper-tool, not if running the commandline directly. I didnt know if its an error from Integrity, from our tool, or from windows or any other program at the computer of this special user and i have no idea where i have to search. And i cannot have direct access to this special computer. Anyone else has some idea?

regards, Jens

2 REPLIES 2
hsprang
1-Newbie
(To:JensN.)

Hello Jens,

if your company allows the use of launchanywhere, then ok, you have to dig deeper and do more investigations, but the easy solution is to let the user uninstall the launchanywhere application.

If this is not possible, at least let the user move the path to launchanywhere at the end of his PATH variable.

Regards

Heike

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:hsprang)

Hi Heike,

thanks for your answer. Normally our company doesnt allow the user to install any software directly. But as always there are some users, which has more rights than others

Your hint about the PATH is interesting, i'll forward it to this user.

I'm a bit confused about the lax-Files in the Integrity-directory, because i think that they have also something to do with Launchanywhere.

regards, Jens

Top Tags