cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

10.2 to 11.0 upgrade

ljett-4
1-Newbie

10.2 to 11.0 upgrade

When upgrading to 10.0 from 10.2 M030, I have 2 questions.

Are there are negatives to upgrading on the same production server?

I have always seen where most upgrade to a separate server, for fear of conflicts with db, wc folders, vaults, etc.

What is the 1st accept MOR to upgrade to

I have always read where anything before M020 has too many bugs to upgrade to. If not M030.
Thanks
Larry Jett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:ljett-4)

In the past it was customary to wait for several releases.  With PTC's recent commitment to release testing, etc. it may much more reasonable to wait for only M010.  But - Each new MOR includes new / changed functionality so one has to keep a close ear to what others report on each release.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Definitely safer to upgrade to a different server, leaving the source alone.  But, many people have one good production server and much lower hardware for non-production and don't have the choice.

When using the same server, need to very strictly and carefully document paths, etc., and shut down HTTP Server and Windchill DS from one when addressing the other.

Advisable and relatively easy to practice this by installing on a test server, adding a small amount of data to it, and then proceeding.  Completely safe this way to develop and document the procedure.

Thanks Mike.

What MOR would you wait till, before doing an upgrade. Would you upgrade to 11.0 M010, wait till M020, or all way till M030.
Larry

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

In the past it was customary to wait for several releases.  With PTC's recent commitment to release testing, etc. it may much more reasonable to wait for only M010.  But - Each new MOR includes new / changed functionality so one has to keep a close ear to what others report on each release.

Yes I think 11.0 M010 is already out & M020 is supposed to be CY2016Q4.

Is that as early as NOV?

If so, then its a for sure M020.
But I have heard often in the past, you never upgrade production to anything before M030.

Thanks
Larry

Top Tags