cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Actions for role related users

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Actions for role related users

Hi All,

I created a role using enumcustomize and all the users who are associated with that role should be able to do only following actions.

1.) Should be allowed to set state

2.) Should not be allowed to create folders, move and promote objects.

3.) Should not be allowed to create documents but should be allowed to check out, modify and check in documents.

4.) Should be having read only access to parts.

We will have to configure/display the actions in the system in such a way such that the role related users will be in a position to view only those required actions in the UI and that displays menus or actions that are allowed to use.

How do we implement this ? Like I guess for some of the actions we can use Profiles. But not for all. So for the remaining actions how to do that ? Using ACL's or Profiles or in any other way. Kindly let me know like how to implement all these actions.

Best Regards,

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
doehr
1-Newbie
(To:aachanta)

Hi there,

It will have to be through a combination of user Profiles, the Policy Administrator access rules and Configure Actions for Roles within each context. You need to make all of them match. Note that Profiles get overridden by the other two, so if you have a standard profile for regular users you shouldn't need to change it, just put settings in the other two against that new role to restrict it to what you want.

Daryl

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
doehr
1-Newbie
(To:aachanta)

Hi there,

It will have to be through a combination of user Profiles, the Policy Administrator access rules and Configure Actions for Roles within each context. You need to make all of them match. Note that Profiles get overridden by the other two, so if you have a standard profile for regular users you shouldn't need to change it, just put settings in the other two against that new role to restrict it to what you want.

Daryl

Top Tags