cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Adding Manikin models to the WC library

JoeFrancz
1-Newbie

Adding Manikin models to the WC library

Is there a trick to add the manikin models to a library in Windchill? I down loaded the files from PTC and uncompressed them. When I open one of the manikin "assemblies"and save it to my workspace the upload fails. the event manage says the cad part(s) is not unique. Using Windchill 10.2 M020. Any suggestions from others using Windchill to manage the manikin models would be great. I did find CS50849 which shows a best practice with manikin and Windchill which seems a long way to check in the manikin files.

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Joe,

I am not sure what is Manikin. But based on your explanation, you are getting Object Uniqueness exeption. I think, there are some part and assembly files with same name and windchill preference is set to remove extension while upload might be set to true. This preference might be preventing you to check-in your files as windchill doesn't allow you to create EPMDocument with same number.

Please check "Upload Drop Number File Extension" preference might set to Yes. You can try your stuff by setting this prefernce to No.

-Harish Kale

In Reply to Joe francz:

Is there a trick to add the manikin models to a library in Windchill? I down loaded the files from PTC and uncompressed them. When I open one of the manikin "assemblies"and save it to my workspace the upload fails. the event manage says the cad part(s) is not unique. Using Windchill 10.2 M020. Any suggestions from others using Windchill to manage the manikin models would be great. I did find CS50849 which shows a best practice with manikin and Windchill which seems a long way to check in the manikin files.

TIA

Joe,

If you are saving models with Manikins, I highly recommend following CS50849. I just went through it a couple of months ago and it takes a couple of hours for all countries and percentiles. It is a one-time exercise that saves time with each future use.

As far as the non-uniqueness, it sounds like someone may have uploaded, but not Checked In one or more of the Manikin models. An admin account search should show the offending WS name.

J.P. Vanasse

JPV Enterprises

714-612-3823

gog
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:jvanasse)

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does " I highly recommend following CS50849" mean??

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:gog)

Best practice while working with Manikin Library in Windchill PDMLink

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS50849&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=CS50849&source=search

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gog)

It means PTC technical support has already published an article on this, article number CS50849, and it would be best to follow it.  Of course that doesn't help you any if you don't have maintenance....

Let me know if you don't have maintenance and I will try to summarize it for you.

Top Tags