cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Adding an Attribute for Change Request pt.3

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Adding an Attribute for Change Request pt.3

How do you define a layout/form for the Change Request utilizing the attributes?

The help guide is very ambiguous on the hoe to part, it merely explains what each section does. Does someone have a help guide they have written and willing to share on how to build the layout form for a task?

The type of layout definitions are confusing as well.

I have my added attribute, but I cannot change the appearance of it when I create a new change request. I have defined as a multiple, drop down select attribute, but it keeps coming in the form as a text box.

Windchill 10.0 m040

3 REPLIES 3

Ben Loosli,

I hope, you would have been added the attribute value in the legal list with pipe symbol separated. The attribute values should automatically come as a drop down or else try to edit the attribute and select the selection list style to drop down.Attribute - Complexity.png

That was part of the problem, I had Suggested List instead of Legal List. Where is this stuff documented?

Still having a problem getting it to add multiple lines. I do have a constraint specifying Single Value that cannot be disabled or deleted. I think I selected that in the initial add of the attribute. Might need to add another column and create a new attribute for test purposes.

Disabling single valued constraint is possible by editing soft-type and unchecking that constraint.

After saving changes, plus icon shows next to attribute and multiple values can be added.

Top Tags