cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Addtional Sequences: WC 10.2 M010. SQLPLUS error.

pstapler
3-Visitor

Addtional Sequences: WC 10.2 M010. SQLPLUS error.

Trying to execute sqlplus in a Windchill Shell so I can create a custom sequence using the string bellow.

exec wtpk.createSequence('seq_name',start_num,inc_value).

Getting error: sqlplus  is not reconized as an internal or external command.

Regards

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It should be the PDMLink credentials. Refer to wt.pom.dbuser in WT_HOME/db/db.properties

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

It looks like you don't have oracle client is not installed on Windchill server. Download the oracle client, update the tns entries for windchill database and try again.

Thanks you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

I don't see that as an option from the PTC website.

You can download the oracle client from Oracle website.

Another option is to run it from the db server directly. From the db server, logon to SQLPLUS and run the command.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

I get the same error when I run sqlplus from the command line. So I never get to login to the DB. I can login and conencto the DB using SQL Server Manager.

It looks like you are using SQL Server and the steps you were trying was for Oracle. Please follow the CS https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS42301 for SQL Server

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Thank you for your help so far. I think I am almost there. When I run the db command from the Windchill Shell I get

Warnings: 0

Errors: 1

I guess I'm not sure on the last part of the command line <schema_user> <password>. Is this the sql admin UN/PW or the PDMLink credentials or the Cognos credentials?

Well I got that figured out. I works with no username and password.

New problem is it starts everything with 730000. I replaced 730000 with 01 in my sequence file. So I don't know why it starts at 730000.

(dummy CHAR(1), value BIGINT IDENTITY(01, 1))

It should be the PDMLink credentials. Refer to wt.pom.dbuser in WT_HOME/db/db.properties

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Restarted WC and it works. Thanks again.

Top Tags