cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Application that uses programming language to do a get and put to Windchill?

Mike410
2-Guest

Application that uses programming language to do a get and put to Windchill?

I want to find out what Windchill offers in terms of using the OSLC standard?

I’d like to explore how to program the libraries/APIs to use OSLC. Can you get this information to me?

Basically, I’d like to probably just come up with a simple application that performs a get and put using the library.

Ultimately, I'm looking for a simple OSLC application that programmatically pulls data from one application and deposits it in another application. I'd like to use Windchill and/or Cameo to accomplish this.

Do you have a program for me that does this?

The following videos do not demonstrate how to communicate programmatically. They also rely heavily on the "Advanced REST Client" and "Jazz Services" which I am not concerned with at all!

My Main Questions are: Can you tell me where the library interfaces are? Can you point me to any examples? What languages are available for the libraries? How do I compile the examples straightforwardly?

What else should I know or be asking?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
IvanFeofilov
6-Contributor
(To:Mike410)

Hello,

You can find all information in the help center https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill_rest_services/r2.5/en

If you have Windchill instance with OData module you can test REST with Swagger UI

https://windchill-host/Windchill/netmarkets/html/wrs/doc.html

Hello again,

This wasn't quite the answer that I was looking for. There's nothing wrong with it. It's just that the answer supplied is really much too abstract of an answer! Remember, I'm just starting with both OSCL and Windchill.

As an aside, I did just learn about Eclipse Lyo. But again, I was hoping for a simpler way to do what I want to do. With Eclipse, I can do what I want but it involves doing several installs etc. 

So, there's got to be a simpler way. Can anyone supply the details, a step by step web page tutorial, or  a good video?

Thank you,

I'd start with OSLC DPT Help Center

Also PM'ed you

Announcements

Top Tags