cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Automatically restore a bill of material

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Automatically restore a bill of material

Hello to all,

is it possible to automatically restore a bill to which I have forced values (for example the quantity of some components) and realign it to the CAD structure?

Or can I just make a comparison between the BOM and the CAD structure and realign it manually?

Thanks,

Matteo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There's an easy way to do this: unassociate the CAD from the WTPart, then reassociate it. Then do a build structure from the CAD model. 

This will cause Windchill to build a fresh BOM structure that is completely CAD-driven.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If it was originally linked, you can rollback iterations (delete) until you get what you need. But yes, moving forward, I believe you need to use the comparison to relink the lines.

Thanks,

I had already thought about it but I need to keep the history and in any case not all users of the group have the possibility to delete the iterations.

Matteo.

There's an easy way to do this: unassociate the CAD from the WTPart, then reassociate it. Then do a build structure from the CAD model. 

This will cause Windchill to build a fresh BOM structure that is completely CAD-driven.

Will this approach cause the dreaded "subsume links" error on reassociation, where the WTPart structure disagrees with the CAD structure. The only place I've seen the word subsumed used.

I don't think so.. I've never heard of that error

I might be dating myself:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS54565

Happy to report we've never seen that in Windchill 11. 

Top Tags