Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically restore a bill of material

Matteo_1987
14-Alexandrite

Automatically restore a bill of material

Hello to all,

is it possible to automatically restore a bill to which I have forced values (for example the quantity of some components) and realign it to the CAD structure?

Or can I just make a comparison between the BOM and the CAD structure and realign it manually?

Thanks,

Matteo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There's an easy way to do this: unassociate the CAD from the WTPart, then reassociate it. Then do a build structure from the CAD model. 

This will cause Windchill to build a fresh BOM structure that is completely CAD-driven.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If it was originally linked, you can rollback iterations (delete) until you get what you need. But yes, moving forward, I believe you need to use the comparison to relink the lines.

Matteo_1987
14-Alexandrite
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks,

I had already thought about it but I need to keep the history and in any case not all users of the group have the possibility to delete the iterations.

Matteo.

There's an easy way to do this: unassociate the CAD from the WTPart, then reassociate it. Then do a build structure from the CAD model. 

This will cause Windchill to build a fresh BOM structure that is completely CAD-driven.

View solution in original post

Will this approach cause the dreaded "subsume links" error on reassociation, where the WTPart structure disagrees with the CAD structure. The only place I've seen the word subsumed used.

I don't think so.. I've never heard of that error

I might be dating myself:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS54565

Happy to report we've never seen that in Windchill 11. 

Announcements