cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Bill of Materials Types

MarcHendrickson
1-Newbie

Bill of Materials Types

To start with I am not asking a question about buying additional modules of software. We own Windchill and I believe I can get what I need out of the software we already own.

Using Views, e.g. Design, Manufacturing, etc... is there a way to create a new view, Service, and display the full end item product but structure the BOM so only the replacement or service able components are displayed. Example: I have an motor assembly you can either replace the whole motor or the brushed and two bushings on the shaft. Nothing else can be replaced if it fails. In the end I would have a full top level assembly visualization but the BOM would be minimized to show only replaceable parts.

4 REPLIES 4

Hello

Yes you can create new Views in Site Admin. And define View network. For example put your Service View behind Design or behind Manufacturing view (have to decide if your Service BOM is more inherit from Manuf or design levels ... )

Do you have MPMLink ?

cause out of the box , you can change Views and manage xBOMs with PDMlink.

But with MPMlink , some equivalence links are created between Views. And some attributes and Vizualization can be propagated ....

So you should be able to re organisze your service BOM with few sub components. But correctly vizualize the full Product

regards

Hi @GregoryPERASSO,

I just came across your post when I was searching for some solution to add custom types to the BOM Type value list in the drop down which by default contains only Production, Costing & Testing (while creating a New Downstream Branch).

My requirement is to add some more of these types like, Prod_Plant1 etc.. Is it possible to achieve this? I am new to MPMLink so still haven't figured out any clue how to do so.

Any inputs will be really appreciated. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shenaz

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:sbegum-2)

This is a modelised Enumerated list

Variation1RB

you need to use the Enum Customize tool to add values

see in Custo Guide documentation

regards

Hi @GregoryPERASSO,

Thank you, yes found that its variation1 attribute for Manufacturing Capability & Manufacturing Capability. But in enumcustomize it says it the selected resource file not found when navigating to the location.

I am checking further on this. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Shenaz

Top Tags