cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Block sub-folder creation for specific root folder in a Product

SDTE
1-Newbie

Block sub-folder creation for specific root folder in a Product

I am looking to block sub-folder creation under a root level folder of a Product.

I understand that with the use of a separate domain I can adjust the ACLs for certain roles to block it.

But I don't intend to create a separate doamin and make thd change.

Is there any other way to achieve it?

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:SDTE)

Manage the permissions for the subFolder object type.

Thanks Mike.

But the problem is the same domain is used by another root level folder of the Product wherein I want to allow sub-folders to be created.

It's only this root level folder under which I don't want allow sub-folders.

Regards,

Sameer

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:SDTE)

I think you need to use another domain then. But - there may be permissions on the folder itself which can be applied. Try both Manage Security and Edit Folder.

product \ utilities \ rules administration

create under product default context a context. in this "subcontext" (all the context premission will be effective in) you set for subfolder the negation for creation , modification etc.

browse you product folder, go to the folder you want to be subject to "subcontext" you've yust created, then righ click "modify" and on top "Domain" set your "subcontext" domain.

with this users can create subfolders at root level but can't create folders in this specified subfolder.

product \ utilities \ rules administration

create under product default the negation for subfolder creation.

create under product default context a context. in this "subcontext" (all the context premission will be effective in) you set for subfolder the permission for creation , modification etc.

browse you product folder, go to the folder you want to be subject to "subcontext" you've yust created, then righ click "modify" and on top "Domain" set your "subcontext" domain.

with this users can't create subfolders at root/defined level but can create folders in this specified subfolders (this is used to keep main tree product safe).

Top Tags