cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Business Rules - How to create your own?

kpritchard
4-Participant

Business Rules - How to create your own?

Having been through the available documentation on Business Rules (including Customizer's Guide) I still do not have a clear picture of how (or why) one would go about implementing Custom Business Rules. From what I can see the XML that is described configures the (two or three) available Business Rules that come with the install. So what if you want different ones, different logic or evaluating IBA's?

I suspect that one would create custom Business Rules classes that build on the out-of-the-box, and I expected to find information on which API's to use and some guidance on best practice. I looked in the Help Center and in the Customizer's Guide, but no luck. If I'm into Customized Business Rules anyway, why wouldn't I just use Expression Robots and/or Custom classes? Where can I find more detailed information? Are there additional Business Rules planned for future releases?

Thanks in Advance

(WC 10.2 M020)

1 REPLY 1
Prabhash
5-Regular Member
(To:kpritchard)

Hello Keir,

Did you have any luck finding the questions to your answer? Could you please point me to absolute beginner's guide to understand and implement business rules.

Top Tags