cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Request - Annotations Table

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Change Request - Annotations Table

When looking at the details tab of a Change Request...what is the annotations table for? I cannot find any info on it, nor can I add objects to it. We are running WC10.0 M040 and are currently testing & debugging the Change Management system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You add Annotations in the Affected Data step (of Change Request) or Affected/Resulting step of the Change taks. Right click on the row and you should see an Edit Annotations action

3.jpg

You will then get a pop up allowing you to paste or search for annotations related to that Part or CAD Doc

2.jpg

You should then see your Annotations when done editing

1PM.jpg

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Hello

you should be able to annotate with CreoView the Wtparts or CADdoc that you add in your Change Request.

And if I remember, you should be able to add also "BOM annotation" (draft BOM modification that you'are able to do in Product Structure Browser)

regards

Gregory

I have tested making annotations in CreoView.....but cannot attach or add to Change Request.

Have a look to online help

http://YOURSERVER/Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=ChgMgmtAnnotationSetsAbout935&action=show

You should be able to use "visual" CreoView annotation or PSB BOM structural annotation.

But may be disable by default by a pref or profile. Cause I'm not able to add my annotation in the Change Request (well created in PSB and displayed in annotations tab of my WTPart)

to create a Structure annotation.

-open a WTPart BOM in PSB in Draft mode

-annotate the BOM (revise, add remove , change quantities)

-Save As and give a name to your annotation(not save, it will apply directly your annotation to the BOM)

Hello, Greg,

The Windchill 10.0 M040 Help Center on ptc.com includes the following topic, Adding an Annotation, which introduces information about adding annotations to a change object:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc100_hc/index.jspx?id=ChgMgmtAnnotateAdd937&action=show

This topic, in turn, links to the task topic that describes the procedure for adding an annotation via the annotations table:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc100_hc/index.jspx?id=ChgMgmtAnnotateAddtoAnnotationsTable938&action=show

I hope you find this helpful; please let me know if you have any feedback regarding the documentation.

Regards,

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Enterprise Products Publications
T 763.957.8299

E -

PTC.com

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:jzupfer)

Jane,

I am having the same issue as Gregory, we cannot add an annotation to a CR. When I look at your link the first sentence says something about proper permissions must be set, but it doesn't tell you where to do this. I would search around my help, but we do not have the same help center (I am missing change help)....PTC's help (your links) is REALLY slow right now, will not even load the page.

Can you find out where we must set permissions to get this working?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

I looked into this, and the developer I consulted indicated that the user attempting to add the annotations would need to have modify access for the change request and read access to the annotation.

Jane

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

Jane,

doing the same test as Greg. As Org admin ... full access for create and update the Change request and Annotation.

OK for create the CR

OK for create the Annotation

But no action button to add the annotation in the CR.

regards

Jane,

Can you go back to your developer?

Greg

Greg,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to pursue this any further. Have you opened a case with PTC Technical Support? If not, you could do so and, if there is a bug causing this issue, they can file an SPR on your behalf. I'll watch the progress of the case as well, to ensure that we capture any new information for the documentation.

Regards,

Jane

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Case 11473441...we will see what the TSE says.

Greg

if TS give you the solution, I'm interested .

thanks

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:GregOlson)

PTC TS: this is not possible OOTB.

I'll have to figure some other way to get markups attached.

You add Annotations in the Affected Data step (of Change Request) or Affected/Resulting step of the Change taks. Right click on the row and you should see an Edit Annotations action

3.jpg

You will then get a pop up allowing you to paste or search for annotations related to that Part or CAD Doc

2.jpg

You should then see your Annotations when done editing

1PM.jpg

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:JeffZemsky)

Once again Jeffery...thank you!!! Your TSE's need a bit more training!!! I have tried what you laid out and it works great!

I'll follow up with Jeff to ensure that we have the correct instructions in the documentation.

Jane

Thanks Jeffrey,

But what about PSB BOMs annotation ?

I've done a BOM annotation on my WTpart. Save it. no problem

But when add the wtpart to the affected step. No BOM annotation in the table when trying to add it in the change request ...

regards

Gregoy

Gregory,

As long as your Annotation set is against that revision of the part it should be in that list - here is an example

4.jpg

Jeff

Still have a problem. Where is the "edit annotation" function that you use ? No add button or copy paste in the annotation table of the Change request.

Is there any preference to set ? I'm wcadmin so full acess right....

Cause in my case , I'm editting my Change Request, and in the wizard "affected object" step , I put the WTpart and try action menu "add from stuctural annotation". And the table is empty, even if I've got annotations on my WTPart.

add_structure_annotation3.jpg

add_structure_annotation.jpg

add_structure_annotation2.jpg

thanks

Gregory,

You need to right click in the Affected Objects table to access the Edit Annotations. My first screen shot on Jun 24, 2013 5:07 PM shows doing the right click action in the table.

The Add from Structural Annotations function will pull in any planned revised parts from the Annotation set once it is attached

Thanks Jeffrey !

I missed it .

Top Tags