cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Changes for Creo 1 Support

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Changes for Creo 1 Support

My team is still digesting the recent TS bulletin concerning Creo 1
support. We were in the middle of an upgrade to Creo 1 and now that is
all in question. I figure many of you here double as CAD admins. What
are your thoughts?

Below is an excerpt from TS bulletin:
and
the Creo and Windchill Compatibility Matrix
<">https://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=67180> for up to date details

2 REPLIES 2
DaveEngel
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

When I saw PTC wouldn’t support Windchill 10.1 with Creo 1.0 I knew something was up. At the time I was gearing up for Creo 1.0, however Creo 2.0 came out and didn’t seem to have any major show stoppers so we are starting to deploy 2.0.

I think there is a perceived psychological barrier with running a 1.0 release, so PTC wanted to make the life of Creo 1.0 as short as possible. I suppose they could have made what is Creo 2.0, Creo 1.0 M060; however there does appear to be some behind the scenes differences in the way the software installs and operates with the “Creo Agent”.

Our user’s first impressions of Creo are that it is still Pro/E, which I think is a good thing. Yes we’ve all had frustrations with it, but it does get the job done and is underestimated by some. The GUI has been overhauled and in a lot of ways makes more sense, however when you get deeper into the advanced commands many are familiar. At this point, after some users have piloted the new software, we don’t think adoption will be as difficult as we first thought when Creo was announced. We think new users will pick it up in a snap.

Short support cycle on 1.0? It doesn’t bother me; I’m more concerned how well the software works than the arbitrary version label on it.

-Dave

We jumped to Creo 1.0 M030 in early Febuary. The first couple of weeks was a little rough due primarily to a couple of config.pro settings and firewall and virus protection settings. There was a couple of nuisance bugs that I have confirmed are fixed if Creo 2.0.

Other than that is was a fairly easy transition because Creo Parametric was just the next major release of Pro/ENGINEER not to be referred to as Wildfire 6.

Now we just need to jump to Wintralink M030 before we can go to Creo 2.0. We will save 10.1 for next fall.

Creo 2.0 has a few desirable enhancements to us and it seems just a stable as 1.0.

Overhauled measure tools. Overhauled Sectioning tool. Flat state instance creation and other enhancements in the sheetmetal environment.

Joe

Top Tags