cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Compare two Boms and notification

ChrisCollinson
6-Contributor

Compare two Boms and notification

Hi,

Is there a way to compare two boms at different revisions/iterations

Is there a way to have a sbscription on an assembly and have a notification if a part in that assy changes?

2 REPLIES 2

1- WC10 has a very nice BOM compare tool but WTParts in Windchill don't have AsStored configuration. You can compare two different lifecycle states but not two revisions. The ideal situation is to capture a baseline of a release of a BOM. This baseline can then be compared to the latest BOM.

2- I don't thnk this is possible OOTB. It would be a significant listener to wait for changes to ANY component to change I'm guessing.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDC96B.ECF33D60]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

In 10.1 m020 you can select the revision and iteration to compare.

Sent from jeff's phone

On Nov 23, 2012, at 2:16 PM, "Steve Vinyard" <-<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">>">mailto:->> wrote:

1- WC10 has a very nice BOM compare tool but WTParts in Windchill don’t have AsStored configuration. You can compare two different lifecycle states but not two revisions. The ideal situation is to capture a baseline of a release of a BOM. This baseline can then be compared to the latest BOM.

2- I don’t thnk this is possible OOTB. It would be a significant listener to wait for changes to ANY component to change I’m guessing.

<image001.gif>

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
Top Tags