SOLVED
mastachef
12-Amethyst

Creo View 4.2 - Unable to annotate PDF representation

My current setup is as follows:

Windchill PDMLink M030-CSP06

Creo View 4.2

Adobe Reader 2017

Everything seems to work. I was able to create a representation in Windchill (PDF) and view it in Creo View. However, I am not able to annotate the PDF file in Creo View. I checked the setting for Reader and mad sure 'Enable Protected Mode' was deselected and I am still unable to annotate.

- Is there anything I am missing that needs to be done?

- Would installing Creo View PDF Reviewer be the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have this and it works:

Windchill 11.0 M030-CPS11

Creo View 5.0 F000

Adobe Acrobat DC 2015

You need at least Adobe Acrobat (the next step above Reader I think) in order to annotate a pdf in Creo View.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I have this and it works:

Windchill 11.0 M030-CPS11

Creo View 5.0 F000

Adobe Acrobat DC 2015

You need at least Adobe Acrobat (the next step above Reader I think) in order to annotate a pdf in Creo View.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response. I looked over the matrices and it seems like my configuration should work. I will try to update and see if anything works.

Any other suggestions for troubleshooting? Has anyone resolved this without upgrading their setup?

Thank you for your suggestion.

I was able to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat DC and that seemed to do the trick. I was also able to install Creo View 3.1 and I was still able to to annotate PDF representations.

It would seem that the biggest issue is the version of the Adobe product which is installed.

Announcements
Learn more about how we are using our browser poll here