cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo View 4.2 - Unable to annotate PDF representation

mastachef
12-Amethyst

Creo View 4.2 - Unable to annotate PDF representation

My current setup is as follows:

Windchill PDMLink M030-CSP06

Creo View 4.2

Adobe Reader 2017

Everything seems to work. I was able to create a representation in Windchill (PDF) and view it in Creo View. However, I am not able to annotate the PDF file in Creo View. I checked the setting for Reader and mad sure 'Enable Protected Mode' was deselected and I am still unable to annotate.

- Is there anything I am missing that needs to be done?

- Would installing Creo View PDF Reviewer be the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:mastachef)

I have this and it works:

Windchill 11.0 M030-CPS11

Creo View 5.0 F000

Adobe Acrobat DC 2015

You need at least Adobe Acrobat (the next step above Reader I think) in order to annotate a pdf in Creo View.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:mastachef)

I have this and it works:

Windchill 11.0 M030-CPS11

Creo View 5.0 F000

Adobe Acrobat DC 2015

You need at least Adobe Acrobat (the next step above Reader I think) in order to annotate a pdf in Creo View.

Thank you for your response. I looked over the matrices and it seems like my configuration should work. I will try to update and see if anything works.

Any other suggestions for troubleshooting? Has anyone resolved this without upgrading their setup?

Thank you for your suggestion.

I was able to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat DC and that seemed to do the trick. I was also able to install Creo View 3.1 and I was still able to to annotate PDF representations.

It would seem that the biggest issue is the version of the Adobe product which is installed.

Top Tags