cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

[WINDCHILL] Update Parts to Latest Version of Creo en masse

jmccormick-4
7-Bedrock

[WINDCHILL] Update Parts to Latest Version of Creo en masse

Hello,

In our Windchill system we currently have a large library of standard hardware parts that were created in Creo Elements (Wildfire 5.0).

All of our users are now on Creo 2.0, this means that whenever they are loading an assembly that contains a standard hardware part, Creo marks it as changed and presents the user with the "The object is read only as it is not checked out" with the 4 available actions, Continue, check-out etc. This means that the user has to select an option every time they load the model to not modify the standard hardware part in Windchill.

What I'm wondering is - is there a way in Windchill that I can effectively open a part in Creo 2.0 that was initially created in Creo Elements and regenerate it and resave it to Windchill as a Creo 2.0 model, for hundreds of parts automatically?

Any help is much appreciated!

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

2 options come to mind.

1 - Do you have your library parts in a library folder so they can be set as read-only when loaded? That will save a lot of problems, as well as limit who may modify standard parts.

2 -  Just bite the bullet and open the generic files, make a simple modification, like add/edit a relation, verify the family table and then save then the file in the new version of Creo.

NX has a refile utility for native filed parts that will load and then save all of the files in a folder in the latest version, but that becomes harder when used with a PDM system. I don't remember if they had a version of refile that worked with TeamCenter.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

2 options come to mind.

1 - Do you have your library parts in a library folder so they can be set as read-only when loaded? That will save a lot of problems, as well as limit who may modify standard parts.

2 -  Just bite the bullet and open the generic files, make a simple modification, like add/edit a relation, verify the family table and then save then the file in the new version of Creo.

NX has a refile utility for native filed parts that will load and then save all of the files in a folder in the latest version, but that becomes harder when used with a PDM system. I don't remember if they had a version of refile that worked with TeamCenter.

Top Tags