cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

DTI is not working after configuring SSO , Shibboleth as RP and PingFederate as Idp

mnalla
7-Bedrock

DTI is not working after configuring SSO , Shibboleth as RP and PingFederate as Idp

Hello,

I Configured Windchill for SSO configuration. Using shibboleth as Service Provider and PingFederate as Identity Provider. After SSO configuration DTI is throwing the following error.

Could anyone Please help here.?

ThankYou,

madhu 

3 REPLIES 3
mlreece
8-Gravel
(To:mnalla)

I have the same problem on my development system.   I have not found a solution yet.

Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:mnalla)

Hi..

Please check if Form-Based Authentication enabled for DTI :

If you want to use form-based authentication with your DTI implementation, additional configuration is required.
Out-of-the-box, the DTILogin action of the connect command is defined as HTTP. In order to use form-based authentication, it must be defined as WIZARD.
This change only needs to be done once, and should be done when you are configuring the Windchill server for form-based authentication. All DTI clients implement the changes when they reconnect to the Windchill server.

1. Navigate to the following directory:
   <Windchill>\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\nativeapp\msoi\client\xml
2. Locate the following files:
  • wtDesktop.xml
  • wtOffice.xml
  • wtWindows.xml
3. In each file, replace the following line:
<action serverAction="DTILogin" type="HTTP"></action>
with
<action serverAction="DTILogin" type="WIZARD"></action>

4. Clear DTI cache :

1. Kill WTWindows.exe process
  2. Delete cache folder. - DTI cache is present at:   %AppData%\ Local\PTC\Desktop Integration\Cache\PTC\Desktop Integration\Cache
  3. Try connecting the Windchill server through DTI.

Hope this helps
Arshad
bsullivan
5-Regular Member
(To:Arshad)

Solution Worked in 11.0 M030

- End User DTI worked fine with SSO Enabled

-Consultants - 3rd Party Did not as their Laptops log in as a Different Domain User

- Following the Procedure all the User Login to Open (and then they could select a different user profile (Windchill User) followed by Password/MFA.

Thanks for Solution

Top Tags