cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Delete latest iteration

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Delete latest iteration

We had a few parts get modified that shouldn't have been. I would like to delete the latest iteration of these Ex. A.2. Is it as easy as just going to the information page of the latest iteration and selecting delete? What are the potential problems we could see by deleting this iteration?

Or if there is something better to do then delete the iteration that would be fine too.

We are using Windchill 10.1 M040

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to just delete the latest iteration without any problem. I talked to a tech and he said if you get to it right away before its used its just as easy as going to the information page of the part and selecting delete. If the parts had be used in an assembly or where in users workspaces, he said it would not have been that easy. So looks like I lucked out on this one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know whether it's possible to do it in the gui but programatically one can use

VersionControlHelper.service.rollback(startpart,endpart);

where startpart is the latestiteration and endpart is the iteration one before.

I was able to just delete the latest iteration without any problem. I talked to a tech and he said if you get to it right away before its used its just as easy as going to the information page of the part and selecting delete. If the parts had be used in an assembly or where in users workspaces, he said it would not have been that easy. So looks like I lucked out on this one.

Top Tags