cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Display empty context (to remove it from Windchill)

vpantelic
3-Visitor

Display empty context (to remove it from Windchill)

I am trying to remove large number of Projects with the condition that the Project is empty (no files in it).

Is there any way to display (maybe through a report) all contexts with no files?

2 REPLIES 2

Not sure if this is the most efficient way, but I'd do this using a sub-select (or maybe several). Let's assume all you care about is that there are no Documents (Windchill document type) in the Project.

Your report would search for Projects and return their name or something so you can identify them

You would have a criteria something like this:

Project Name is not in sub-select 

The sub-select would be Project linked to Documents. You'd return the Project Name of these.

Basically the sub-select is returning all the Projects that DO have documents

Your main report's criteria says to omit any projects that fit that sub-select

You would add more sub-selects for other Projects you want to omit, such as Projects with CAD documents

Hopefully that helps you get started 

Thank you for the idea, I also thought in that direction and created a report that will give me contexts with existing files. So, I just subtracted those from the full full list and got the result. It was part manual job, but hey, it works.

Top Tags