cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Email notifications from editing a promotion request

Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine

Email notifications from editing a promotion request

We use more or less OOTB flows for promotion requests. Things work well and all notifications go out as they should until the promotion request is edited. On edits, there are no notifications that go out - at least to the extent that users that are participating in the workflow get a heads up that the request is being edited. Depending on where the promotion request is, the notifications go out from where the workflow left off. But what I'd like to have is that on edit, there should be a notification that goes out. How would I trigger that? Is there some sort of check box I'm missing that says "notify users on edit"? 

3 REPLIES 3
d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:Dobrisa)

Are you saying, EVERYTIME the Promotion Request gets edited send an email to notify to the appropriate users?

If yes, that is doable OOTB but what do you want to mention in the email? I’m guessing you don’t want to simply say the Promotion Notice has been edited.

Seems you’d  want to notify the users of EXACTLY what was changed. True?

For example, object X was removed

or object Y was added 

or attribute Z was changed from … to …

Can you tell us EXACTLY what the notification should be telling the users?

David

Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine
(To:d_graham)

Right. Something like:

Promotion request has been edited. Object X was removed. Approver A was added. 

How can this be done OOTB?

d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:Dobrisa)

This can not be done OOTB but it can be done.

It wouldn’t take much to do it but would require some code to do it. Nothing too fancy but not nothing.

I’d even suggest including links to the removed/added object(s) if that would be helpful.

If you want help with this feel free to reach me at windchill.developer@yahoo.com 

David

Top Tags