cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Enable File Replication - Post Installation

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Enable File Replication - Post Installation

I have a PDMLink 9.1 M020 Windows sandbox installation where I did not enable remote file server replication. Is there a way to enable/install this feature post installation? I tried running the PSI again and choosing Advanced but it wanted to reinstall/reconfigure everything. Any ideas?

Patrick Williams | Sr. Application Engineer | Engineering Systems | Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078

8 REPLIES 8

In the Windchill Installation and Configuration Guide Advanced 9.1 there
is a procedure to do this.

Take a look at page 298 of this guide or reference TPI 139566

I went to page 298 of the guide and found the following topic.

Starting the Web Server, Servlet Engine, and
Windchill Servers

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | Sr. Applications Engineer | Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078

[cid:image001.jpg@01CA4BF0.DA2284D0]

Found it, page 287

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | Sr. Applications Engineer | Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078

[cid:image002.jpg@01CA4BF1.0AF91CE0]

Patrick,

If that sandbox installation has not been used for production yet, I
would suggest that you redo the installation after enabling the remote
file server replication. Its much simple to do that rather than follow
the procedure post installation.

Best Regards

Rajesh Balasundaram

Does anyone know if PTC supports using a Windows based PC for file replication when your PDMLink servers are Unix (HP-UX) based?

Jim Van Dragt
Information Technology
Herman Miller Inc.
616.654.5285 - Office
616.836.8394 - Cell

"Balasundaram, Rajesh" <rajesh.balasundaram@corning.com>

10/13/2009 10:44 AM To
Patrick Williams <->, -
cc
Please respond to
"Balasundaram, Rajesh" <rajesh.balasundaram@corning.com> Subject
[solutions] - RE: Enable File Replication - Post Installation

Patrick,

If that sandbox installation has not been used for production yet, I would suggest that you redo the installation after enabling the remote file server replication. Its much simple to do that rather
than follow the procedure post installation.

Best Regards
Rajesh Balasundaram

Partick,

Rajesh is correct. To enable this post-installation is certainly possible, however it is a manual, tidous and "dirty" process. It might be easy just to blow away the existing installation and redo it, this time select the option "Enable File Server Support" as indicated below:

[cid:715100115@13102009-1839]

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

And I think when you update to a new MOR you will have to update the
File Server installers manually since Enable Remote File Server Support
was not checked initially.

Jim,

PTC supports using a mixture of OS platforms for file replication. In my environment, I have a UNIX Solaris that is the master, and three remote file replicas (India, France and Coffeyville,KS) The India file replica is a Windows based Pc, France is an AIX UNIX, and Coffeyville, KS is also a UNIX Solaris.

These are all supported.

HTH,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.
Announcements

Top Tags