cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Export/Import Data from PROD to DEV

Sha11
12-Amethyst

Export/Import Data from PROD to DEV

Hello Community,

I am looking for a way to export and import a specific assembly from PROD to DEV server. With Import/Export management, I am stumbling upon some issues since there are some configuration difference between PROD and DEV. Is there any recommended way to perform such action ? If anyone has performed this activity, looking for your inputs.

Thanks,

HS

3 REPLIES 3
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Sha11)

Hi @Sha11 

What issues are you facing? 

Usually lifecycles has to be same, folder structure should be same, and the product and organization name should be same.

All can be solved  - for example modify the xml files in ZIP from source system.  

sometimes I've seen issue with some internal ID OID if the target system contains too much objects. 

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Sha11)

Is it just the CAD? Why not back it up to a local folder and do a new check in of that assembly?  Does it need to match exactly?

Hi @avillanueva 

I can imagine, that someone who wants to do so, does not want to use CAD software at all for that operation.

Yes it is the most simple way

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags