cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

File server update - fails

Dazza
3-Visitor

File server update - fails

Hi guys,

I am trying to patch the remote file servers but this command "ant -f install_ccsdsu.xml" executed from Windchill Shell does not complete successfully 

I stopped all the services except WindchillDS. what am I missing?

E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools>ant -f install_ccsdsu.xml
Buildfile: E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_ccsdsu.xml

********************************************************************************
!+! STARTED @ Sat Jan 21 02:34:53 CET 2023
********************************************************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!+! ENTERING install_ccsdsu[E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_ccsdsu.xml]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build sequence for target(s) `process' is [unzip, deploy, process]

unzip:
[java] Working directory ignored when same JVM is used.
[java] Preparing to extract files, this may take a while...
[java] Number of zip entries (file elements) is:6568
[java] Completed!

deploy:

!+! ENTERING deploy_ccsdsu[E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\deploy_ccsdsu.xml]
[ant] Entering E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\deploy_ccsdsu.xml...
Build sequence for target(s) `process' is [deliver, installModules, register, cleanUp, process]

deliver:

!+! ENTERING installer_files[E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_files_CCS.xml]
[ant] Entering E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_files_CCS.xml...
Build sequence for target(s) `install' is [copy_unix, copy_win, install]

copy_unix:
Skipped because property 'onWindows' set.

copy_win:
[java] Working directory ignored when same JVM is used.
!+! ERROR OCCURRED @ E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_files_CCS.xml:26: !!!
[ant] Exiting E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_files_CCS.xml.

!+! EXITING FROM installer_files[E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_files_CCS.xml]
!+! RETURNING TO deploy_ccsdsu[E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\deploy_ccsdsu.xml]
!+! ERROR OCCURRED @ E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\deploy_ccsdsu.xml:31: !!!
[ant] Exiting E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\deploy_ccsdsu.xml.

!+! EXITING FROM deploy_ccsdsu[E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\deploy_ccsdsu.xml]
!+! RETURNING TO install_ccsdsu[E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_ccsdsu.xml]
!+! ERROR OCCURRED @ E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_ccsdsu.xml:23: !!!
!+! FINISHED @ Sat Jan 21 02:35:10 CET 2023
!+! Log: E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\buildlogs\0003-install_ccsdsu.log

BUILD FAILED
E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_ccsdsu.xml:23: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\deploy_ccsdsu.xml:31: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_files_CCS.xml:26: java.lang.Exception: Update aborted. If this was an automatic update, please follow the manual update process. E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\windchill.exe (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)

Total time: 17 seconds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dazza
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

Thank you TomU

I just managed to installed the patch without reinstalling the replica server installation. It seems like the only missing step was to set the file servers as READ ONLY 

Dazza_0-1674424774386.png

After that, I re-ran the command and everything worked as expected

Dazza_1-1674424816759.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Dazza)

Article - "How to install CssDsu update on replica server manually in Windchill PDMLink": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS37736

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dazza)

@Dazza wrote:

"E:\PTC\Windchill_11.1\Windchill\bin\windchill.exe (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)"

Something still has a reference to the windchill.exe process.  If you have it configured to run as a service, then set the service to start manually (not automatically) and reboot the server.  This should free up whatever is hanging on to it.  After the reboot, follow the instructions @VladimirN  referenced.

Here are the simplified instructions I keep on each of my remote file servers:

=== Windchill 12.1 CCS Update ===

Stop Windchill (method server and web server)

Place CcsDsu.zip in E:\ptc\Windchill_12.1\Windchill\CCSTools\update folder.

Go to the directory and then run the command:

cd E:\ptc\Windchill_12.1\Windchill\ant\bin\
ant -f E:\ptc\Windchill_12.1\Windchill\bin\CCSTools\install_ccsdsu.xml

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I just did an update to 12.1.2.0 and now I'm having this same problem on all my remote file servers.  A reboot doesn't fix it.  I'm 99% sure the windchill.exe process is not in use because I can rename it with no complaints from the operating system.  Something else is going on...

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Completely reinstalling the replica server installation resolved it for me.  After that the ccsdsu update process worked fine.  It shouldn't have been necessary, but it worked!

TomU_0-1674333292930.png

Dazza
3-Visitor

Thank you TomU

I just managed to installed the patch without reinstalling the replica server installation. It seems like the only missing step was to set the file servers as READ ONLY 

Dazza_0-1674424774386.png

After that, I re-ran the command and everything worked as expected

Dazza_1-1674424816759.png

Top Tags