cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Finding the Actual WTPart Relationship of an EPM Document's Drawing Part via Reference

ozclkonur
12-Amethyst

Finding the Actual WTPart Relationship of an EPM Document's Drawing Part via Reference

How can I find the real WTPart relationship of the drawing part of an EPM document through a reference? I am obtaining the EPMReferenceLink ID of the data with the Drawing Reference through the REST API, but I don't know what to do next. Normally, I directly capture the WTPart relationships via PartDocAssociations using the EPMDocument ID, but I get multiple WTParts, and for some parts, I cannot select the actual part. Can you help me with this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, You find the real WTPart relationship of the drawing part of an EPM document through a reference, you can follow these steps:

Retrieve EPMReferenceLink:
You already have the EPMReferenceLink ID. Use this ID to fetch the related EPMDocument.
Identify the Drawing Part:
Use the EPMReferenceLink to identify the drawing part. This link typically connects the drawing to the model.
Fetch WTPart Relationships:
Use the PartDocAssociations to fetch the WTPart relationships. This will give you a list of WTParts associated with the EPMDocument.
Filter WTParts:
To filter and identify the actual WTPart, you can use attributes like BUILD_TYPE to distinguish between different types of links (e.g., Owner, Contributing Image, etc.)

Step-by-Step Process 

Fetch EPMDocument Using EPMReferenceLink:
GET /Windchill/servlet/odata/EPMDocumentMgmt/EPMDocuments('<EPMReferenceLink_ID>')

Use the response to identify the drawing part linked to the EPMDocument.

GET /Windchill/servlet/odata/CADDocumentMgmt/CADDocuments('<EPMDocument_ID>')/PartDocAssociationsFilter WTParts:
Use the BUILD_TYPE attribute to filter the WTParts and identify the actual part you need.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello, You find the real WTPart relationship of the drawing part of an EPM document through a reference, you can follow these steps:

Retrieve EPMReferenceLink:
You already have the EPMReferenceLink ID. Use this ID to fetch the related EPMDocument.
Use the EPMReferenceLink to identify the drawing part. This link typically connects the drawing to the model.
Use the PartDocAssociations to fetch the WTPart relationships. This will give you a list of WTParts associated with the EPMDocument.
Filter WTParts:
To filter and identify the actual WTPart, you can use attributes like BUILD_TYPE to distinguish between different types of links (e.g., Owner, Contributing Image, etc.)

Step-by-Step Process 

Fetch EPMDocument Using EPMReferenceLink:
GET /Windchill/servlet/odata/EPMDocumentMgmt/EPMDocuments('<EPMReferenceLink_ID>')

Use the response to identify the drawing part linked to the EPMDocument.

GET /Windchill/servlet/odata/CADDocumentMgmt/CADDocuments('<EPMDocument_ID>')/PartDocAssociationsFilter WTParts:
Use the BUILD_TYPE attribute to filter the WTParts and identify the actual part you need.

Hope that helps.

Announcements

Top Tags