cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Get information from Windchill

Larry2
1-Newbie

Get information from Windchill

hi everybody,

im a developer from mexico, in me work habe a one system in oracle that contains many informatino about the parts information but the drawings, changes and other things its in windshill, i want to know if its possible to get information form windchill and work wiht this in other data base or environment.

thanks.,.........

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Armando...

I can think of a couple of ways to do this "semi-automatically". However, I think to access Windchill data and use it in other (downstream) applications, you'll want to research Info*Engine. Here's a link to get you started. After reading it, let me know if you think this sounds like what you need.

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/57292/en/5074_WC_InfoEngine_DS_EN.pdf

Thanks!

-Brian

hi, morning this is waht i need, i want to download information to one server in the company from windchill and work with this information, so i think the Windchill Info Engine Java Adapter (kit) works for me, do you have more information about this software?

Hi Armando...

As much as I'd love to be a Java developer, too... I've never been able to play with the Infor Engine Java Adapter. Hopefully someone else can answer this question or direct you to an appropriate thread or resource for more information. At least you know what product you're after. If no one responds, at minimum you can always contact PTC for a demonstration of the software. They are also usually pretty good about facilitation a discussion with a knowledgable support person or "expert" to get you started.

Thanks... and good luck!!

-Brian

hi, sorry but im are out off the office for a long time, but yea i want contact one expert from ptc but i dont know how?, im looking for one course or someting about this, do you habe any idea??

I don't believe there *IS* a course on this. Of course, if you want to find the best people to ask on such a subject, I daresay you'd be better off calling Fishbowl Solutions.

Go to www.fishbowlsolutions.com and contact them. They develop software for PTC products like Windchill. They KNOW how to do what you're trying to do. They'd probably rather write the application for you... but maybe you could pay them to mentor and train you how to do it yourself.

Let us know what happens... I need to create some Info*Engine stuff, too.

Thanks!

-Brian

Announcements

Top Tags