cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Getting FolderID for API

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member

Getting FolderID for API

How do I get the folder ID? Right now I am trying to use the Windchill REST Services site where it generates the request and response for you. I assume that under the data administration domain you can get folders from a container using /Containers{'ContainerID'}'/Folders but it seems like none of the folders show up when I provide the ContainerID for an organization. Windchill Version 12.1.2.0 and REST API 2.5

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @VH_10947268 

Is there an issue with the input parameters?

ContainerID should be like OR:wt.inf.container.OrgContainer:123456789

It works on my server

Rocket_Max_0-1709262061408.png

Rocket_Max_1-1709262086612.png

Hi @Rocket_Max 

The point is what he expects. 

Your result is a folder in the Organization folder structure? 

I guess that @VH_10947268 expects if he request for folders under organization he would get all folders from all sub containers as the libraries and products and that way I guess it does not work. 

PetrH

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thanks for responses, @Rocket_Max @HelesicPetr 

I’m not sure what a FolderID is exactly supposed to look like, but what I’m guessing is that if I have folders in a organization, I can provide the organization’s ContainerID and get all the folders’ IDs inside that organization. I’m not exactly sure what a Cabinet is, but maybe that is the FolderID? But I have multiple folders in that container and only one CabinetID shows up so I’m guessing not. Maybe I need to get folders as use the cabinetID as the container? I’m trying to figure out this because you can provide Folder@odata.bind in the API when creating documents, and I’m guessing it will create a document at that folder. 

Top Tags