cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How can client api connect to windchill data ?

BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor

How can client api connect to windchill data ?

Hi,

I want to get an indented bom in Excel on a pc and will use the windchill api calls to do this, but how can the api connect to the windchill data ?

Regards,

Bernard

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

may be you can just use OOTB Cognos BOM report or the excel export function from the Part Structure view in the PSB

if not, I've just read in the customizer guide of the 10.2, in the DTI, you're able to add customized action in the Excel ribbon, who can call Windchill server action and local macro....

regards

Hello Gregory,

What is PSB is this the Product Structure Explorer you mean ? We have windchill version 9.1 and no such function. Ok, assuming we are waiting for version 10.2 and using the customized action (ribbon) in Excel. I want to get the drawing associated to the WTPart, then I have to connect in a way again to get the drawing number.

Regards,

Bernard

Yes in 10: Product Structure Browser ... Web UI in replacemenent of the 9.1 applet.

From what I see in the guide, you will be able to call sever function . So any query like a indented BOM and related Drawing number if needed ...

If needed, able to pass parameter from excel to Windchill durinf the function Call

And mix server function call, and local macro call ...

In 9.1 , if I remember , you are able to call directly from excel a QueryBuilder or query , or InfoEngine task ..

With a direct result in excel ...

Yes you can ! but you get a result with is a filtering according to a number of criteria, what I want is getting back a structure. So far I can't see you doing this with QueryBuilder and Excel query

Top Tags