cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to Create a Custom Product Template

VivekUchekar
2-Guest

How to Create a Custom Product Template

Hi All,

I am using Windchill 10,

I read help files and i want to create a new Custom Product Template as per my folder structure.

First i Download the OOTB product Template, open its .xml file changes made in XML file,

make a Zip file along with standerd.dtd file.

When i create a new template its Create but when i try to Create a new Product by using this new Custom template its showing this bellow error. error image is attched.

My edited portion of xml file as bellow.

-<OrgStructure>

<!-- ****************************************************************** -->

<!-- Sample Domain Structure -->

<!-- Example (This is not created by default) <DomainStructure> <domainLevel> <domainName>Engineering</domainName> <domainLevel> <domainName>Supplier</domainName> </domainLevel> </domainLevel> <domainLevel> <domainName>Manufacturing</domainName> </domainLevel> <domainLevel> <domainName>Sales</domainName> </domainLevel> <domainLevel> <domainName>Management</domainName> </domainLevel> <domainLevel> <domainName>Contract Mfg</domainName> </domainLevel> </DomainStructure> -->

<!-- Default Folder Structure -->

<!-- Create a folder /PromotionRequests for the storage of Promotion Request objects -->

<!-- Orignal folder Structure*** <FolderStructure> <cabinet>/Default</cabinet> <domainName>Default</domainName> <rootPath>/</rootPath> <subFolder>Promotion Requests</subFolder> </FolderStructure> **** Ends Here **** -->

<!-- ************************************************ ***********Custom Folder Structure Created by Vivek ******* -->

-<FolderStructure> <cabinet>/Default</cabinet> <domainName>Default</domainName> <rootPath>/</rootPath> -<nestedFolder> <name>Designs</name> <domainName>/Default/Engineering</domainName> -<nestedFolder> <name>Models</name> -<nestedFolder> <name>Make</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Outsource</name> <domainName>/Default/Engineering/Supplier</domainName> </nestedFolder> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Mechanical</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Electrical</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Software</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Testing - QA</name> </nestedFolder> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Sales and Marketing</name> <domainName>/Default/Sales</domainName> -<nestedFolder> <name>Application Engineering</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>White Papers</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Brochures</name> </nestedFolder> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>General</name> -<nestedFolder> <name>Industry Links</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Standards</name> -<nestedFolder> <name>Mechanical</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Electrical</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Software</name> </nestedFolder> </nestedFolder> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Manufacturing</name> <domainName>/Default/Manufacturing</domainName> -<nestedFolder> <name>Mfg Engineering</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Mfg Processes</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Subcontractor</name> <domainName>/Default/Contract Mfg</domainName> </nestedFolder> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Purchasing</name> </nestedFolder> -<nestedFolder> <name>Management</name> <domainName>/Default/Management</domainName> </nestedFolder> </FolderStructure>

2 REPLIES 2

The problem is that system cann't initialize your domain. you had defined "DomainStructure", but you make me confused that why did you annotate it.

<!-- Example (This is not created by default)

<DomainStructure>

<domainLevel>

<domainName>Engineering</domainName>

<domainLevel>

<domainName>Supplier</domainName>

</domainLevel>

</domainLevel>

<domainLevel>

<domainName>Manufacturing</domainName>

</domainLevel>

<domainLevel>

<domainName>Sales</domainName>

</domainLevel>

<domainLevel>

<domainName>Management</domainName>

</domainLevel>

<domainLevel>

<domainName>Contract Mfg</domainName>

</domainLevel>

</DomainStructure>

-->

you should delete the <!-- --> tags and then make the initialization of DomainStructure enable.

Skeeter
1-Newbie
(To:Cannie)

Not sure about Windchill 10.0 but in 9.1 the easiest and quickest way that we found was:

• Create a new product in Windchill - We called ours "New Product template"
  • Set up all your folders, teams etc. in that product.
  • Now go to the details view of that product and either Export the zip or save as template from the menu.
  • Once you have saved the "product template" you will now see it in your organizations templates under the "product" filter view.
  • If you export and save the file than simply go to your organizations product templates and then create a new template and load the file that you exported.
Top Tags