i need to add an editable Additional Comments column to Affected Objects table to be used in Problem Report and Change Request.
How do i do that?
1. created new attribute called ADDITIONAL_COMMENTS
2. added to Affected Activity Data type, wt.change2.AffectedActivityData.
3. i updated the com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2.change2clientResource.java with the following:
@RBComment("Label to be used in the Table Views")
public static final String CHANGE_LINK_DESCRIPTION2 = "CHANGE_LINK_DESCRIPTION2";
4. updated the wncWeb.jar file
- what else do I need to do??
- I want to make this attribute editable while adding parts to Affected Objects. Right now, it does not allow to do so.
The only OOTB attribute it Comments is editable.
This is unfortunately not that easy.It's described in the customization guide in the chapter
"Editing Attributes on the Links of Change Relationship Tables"
You need to create following:
You can find documentation on doing this here:
The Solution in the link doesn't seem to be correct, couple of classes and methods mentioned in it does not exist.
If you have a sample implementation kindly let me know.
Thanks & Regards,
Archit Todi please open a call with TS and let me know the number. If Help is out of date we need to update it it.
Jeffrey Zemsky what do you mean with "it's available in the Change Task wizard?" Does it work to add an attribute to the ChangeRecord2 Link and we can add it to the view without all the customization?
Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum!
Check out the Windchill Tips Board! We're talking about
Whirlpool's use of digital twin, augmented reality, and data-driven design!
The NAVIGATE WORKING GROUP is here! Come innovate with PTC!
The NAVIGATE WORKING GROUP is here! Come innovate with PTC!Sign up for a Working Group