cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to Expand ECN Comments View Text Box

zgodula
9-Granite

How to Expand ECN Comments View Text Box

We use the comments field on New Change Tasks to write lengthy descriptions on each object that will be changed on the ECN.

Out of the box, this field is quite small and only displays a partial view of the text that is entered.  This makes it hard to proofread comments and view formatting.

2017-10-27 13 19 33.png

Is there anyway to make this text box bigger so that more of the text is visible?

We are on Windchill 11.0 M20.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

8 REPLIES 8
JHall
16-Pearl
(To:zgodula)

@zgodula 

Don't know if you ever got helped, but Wrap Text is available and probably will solve your issue.  Select the pull down arrow on any column and select Wrap Text.

James

wrap.png

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:JHall)

@JHall 

I believe @zgodula is talking about when editing the Task.  Not in one of the tables on the details page of the change.

I do not believe this can be done but this is one of my peeves about a change.  Why does PTC think that small box is all we need?

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:STEVEG)

@STEVEG 

Ugh, I don't know, but I tend to complete my comment in a notepad window, cut and paste it into that ridiculously small box.  I wish it could be expanded as each user wanted.

Jams

zgodula
9-Granite

@STEVEG 

Correct, hopefully this will be fixed in a future release.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:zgodula)

@zgodula There is a "Was this information helpful" dialog.  I selected no and said it doesn't work.  Maybe you can do the same?

zgodula
9-Granite

Good call, done.

I suspect this may be related to this known issue:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS214887

Nope.  That doesn't work.

Top Tags