cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to configure filevault remove unreference files automatically?

Bencat
1-Newbie

How to configure filevault remove unreference files automatically?

Hello everyone:

Because there are a lot of unreference files exist in filevault,they occupy much space.Generally,I remove these unreference files manually.I want to know how to configure filevault remove unreference files automatically?

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES 4
Bencat
1-Newbie
(To:Bencat)

It's a pity that no one knows how to configure filevault remove unreference files automatically,I am waiting for any response.

3Q.

Hi there,

I wish this function would exist, but obviously it doesn't.

But there is a tool, which you can run from a windchill shell:

java wt.fv.ReplicaCleanUp

It gives you the opportunity to remove all unreferenced files for the whole vault.

Normally I would create a "scheduled task" (Windows control panel) to run that every week or so, but you have to authenticate as a site admin, so I have to start it manually. But anyway it helps to do it for the whole vault and not having to do it folder by folder.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Greez

Johannes

First of all,thank your for your answer.

But when I run the command you give,the error occur as below:
D:\ptc\Windchill>java wt.fv.ReplicaCleanUp
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: wt/fv/ReplicaCleanUp

Can your tell me the reasons?

3Q.

It seems that the class wt.fv.ReplicaCleanUp is not available in your Windchill installation.

I found it in our Windchill 9.1 M030 installation. Maybe, your version does not have this class?

Top Tags