cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to edit the Display Name and description of a document type in 9.1 ?

PrabhuVakel
1-Newbie

How to edit the Display Name and description of a document type in 9.1 ?

I am looking to edit the Display Name and Description of a Document type in 9.1 M060.

PTC TS suggests to use a xml loader. But the Prerequisite for that is to keep the logical identifier as empty before loading.

I am looking to update the database tables instead.

I updated the display name and description for the particular document type in WTTYPEDEFINITIONMASTER.

Still it does not help.

Is there anything pending for the change to reflect at UI level?

This Information will be of great help.

Thanks & regards,

Prabhu

6 REPLIES 6
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:PrabhuVakel)

You may need to restart the server after manually updating the db table in order to see the change

Any answer to this? How do you change the Display Name of Object Type?

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Prabhu,

Are you talking about CS19123? This has worked for me without problem. Attached is one of the files I've used.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

But, I have tried through the loader. The Prerequisite being that the logical identifier field needs to be made blank before initiating the load.

The Problem I was facing with this is that all our legacy documents of that particular type get changed to the default document type.

I wanted to avoid this scenario as it inflicts upon the existing documents.

That is why I was looking for some workaround at the backend.

Thanks & regards,

Prabhu Vakel

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

I don't understand this portion of your comment:

The Prerequisite being that the logical identifier field needs to be made blank before initiating the load.

I have soft types of WTDocument. Some have Logicial Identifier. Some do not.

• I was able to use the loader when Logical Identifer was already defined, and I was either changing it or leaving the <csvlogicalIdentifier> tag empty.
  • I was able to use the loader when Logical Identifier was null, and I entered a value in the <csvlogicalIdentifier> tag (which effectively set it from null to a value).
  • When the Logical Identifier was already null, and I did NOT specify a value in the <csvlogicalIdentifier> tag, the loader reported that it ran successfully, but the soft type was not updated.

Is the 3rd bullet point the issue you are having? If yes, then can you add a new unique value in the <csvlogicalIdentifier> tag?

Good day Prabhu,

I am checking in regarding the suggestions made by Lori and Ben, were you able to solove your issue?

Best,

Toby

Top Tags