cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to get the Latest Version Iteration

adev
1-Newbie

How to get the Latest Version Iteration

Hello Team,

Is this any way to get the latest version iteration data list for the Windchiill object I am using this query and it gives me latest for all the Version I am looking for only latest version values

see the screen shot

for example if I have part of version A,B,C then I want only C version data

select WTPartMaster.WTPARTNUMBER "Number" , WTPartMaster.name as "Name", wtpart.VERSIONIDA2VERSIONINFO ||'.'|| wtpart.ITERATIONIDA2ITERATIONINFO as "Version"  from wtpart, WTPartMaster

where wtpart.IDA3MASTERREFERENCE = WTPartMaster.ida2a2 and WTPartMaster.wtpartnumber = 'W-00002' and wtpart.LATESTITERATIONINFO = 1;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst
(To:adev)

Use max of branchiteratiooninfo

select WTPartMaster.WTPARTNUMBER as PartNumber , WTPartMaster.name as "Name", wtpart.VERSIONIDA2VERSIONINFO ||'.'|| wtpart.ITERATIONIDA2ITERATIONINFO as "Version"  from wtpart, WTPartMaster,

(SELECT MAX(wp.branchIditerationInfo) AS max, wp.idA3masterReference

FROM wtpart wp GROUP BY wp.idA3masterReference

) branchmax

where wtpart.IDA3MASTERREFERENCE = WTPartMaster.ida2a2  and wtpart.LATESTITERATIONINFO = 1 and wtpart.branchiditerationinfo in (branchmax.max)  order by PartNumber ;

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

select WTPartMaster.WTPARTNUMBER as PartNumber , WTPartMaster.name as "Name", wtpart.VERSIONIDA2VERSIONINFO ||'.'|| wtpart.ITERATIONIDA2ITERATIONINFO as "Version"  from wtpart, WTPartMaster,

(SELECT MAX(wp.branchIditerationInfo) AS max, wp.idA3masterReference

FROM wtpart wp GROUP BY wp.idA3masterReference

) branchmax

where wtpart.IDA3MASTERREFERENCE = WTPartMaster.ida2a2  and wtpart.LATESTITERATIONINFO = 1 and wtpart.branchiditerationinfo in (branchmax.max)  order by PartNumber ;

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

Binesh Kumar wrote:

1. select WTPartMaster.WTPARTNUMBER as PartNumber , WTPartMaster.name as "Name", wtpart.VERSIONIDA2VERSIONINFO ||'.'|| wtpart.ITERATIONIDA2ITERATIONINFO as "Version"  from wtpart, WTPartMaster, 
  2. (SELECT MAX(wp.branchIditerationInfo) AS max, wp.idA3masterReference 
  3.    FROM wtpart wp GROUP BY wp.idA3masterReference 
  4.    ) branchmax 
  5. where wtpart.IDA3MASTERREFERENCE = WTPartMaster.ida2a2  and wtpart.LATESTITERATIONINFO = 1 and wtpart.branchiditerationinfo in (branchmax.maxorder by PartNumber ; 

How do we know that branchiditerationinfo is guaranteed to be "in order"? It will probably always be in order but I wouldn't think it would be guaranteed to be. After all branchiditerationinfo is only the unique id of the controlbranch table. I would think to be guaranteed, you have the latest Version, you would want to sort by wtpart.versionsortida2versioninfo.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

In query builder Latest Iteration is a direct selection, but Latest Revision requires a sub-select that finds the max of VERSIONSORTID (there are multiple CS articles on this).  May be helpful to examine the resulting SQL from such a query builder report.

Top Tags