cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to make parts showing in 3D assmebly model but now show in BOM

Sulibo
12-Amethyst

How to make parts showing in 3D assmebly model but now show in BOM

Hello, do you know :

How to make parts only showing in 3D assmebly model but now show in BOM.

When I make assembly drawings, is very often need  to add some parts in my assmbly model to show the assembly relations, 

But my assembly BOm doesnt need these parts, 

Do you any sugestions?

Thank you!

Add information, in PLM BOM(BOM in windchill)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sulibo
12-Amethyst
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks Avillanueva,

Its working, but do you know how to re-link the association?

just in case some one regret the breake action.

Br.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Sulibo)

Repeat Region menu, you can remove items from your BOM.

Sulibo
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you BenLoosli, I forget to say : we dont show the BOM in our drawing, we use table in the windchill.

I dont know if windchill with similar function》

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

If I read this right, you are looking to not have them appear on the WTPart structure in Windchill when you check in the cad assembly. There are a number of ways. If you can simply remove them in Windchill to break the association to that component. It breaks the build rule for that line. That you can do if it already was created. If the cad model you are creating is never to show on a BOM, you can use a parameter mapped to preference "Part Structure Override Attribute Name" which basically tells Windchill to never create a WTPart associated with that model ever. Make sure you designate that parameter. Useful for ECAD board component models. Lastly, if the cad model is already linked to a WTPart, you can break the association or change to a content link only. Hope that helps.

Sulibo
12-Amethyst

Hello Avillanueva, 

I think I need this "If you can simply remove them in Windchill to break the association to that component. It breaks the build rule for that line. "

Do you mean  remove it in the Windchill wedpage ?  but I think when I open it agian later, I will lost it in 3D model also,

And I need the part show in other BOM and 3D model both, so totally make the part cant associate to Windchill is not good for my case. 

I think this parameter should be in assemly model and the Windchill BOM, not a 3D part parameter  or part attributes.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

If you go to the structure page of the WTPart and delete the component, it will do what you want. You will be asked if you want to have changes also carried to the CAD assembly. You need to say no that that question. That line in the CAD assembly will no longer appear in the WTPart BOM. For example, if you have qty 4 of a component and you change it to 3, same deal. It will break that association but if the CAD assembly goes to 5 for that component, the WTPart will stay at 3 since that line is not being linked from the CAD assembly.  Give it a shot, should be a simple test.

Sulibo
12-Amethyst

Thanks Avillanueva,

Its working, but do you know how to re-link the association?

just in case some one regret the breake action.

Br.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

I've only done that a few times but I know its on the Structure page in the Tools section where you can compare the Part and CAD structure. There it will show the lines and you can fix the linkage. I am not an expert on this so play with it and look for help guide. I know it can be done there.

Top Tags