cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to remove the default tabs"Structure" for a subtype of WTdocument.

ptc-5172199
1-Newbie

How to remove the default tabs"Structure" for a subtype of WTdocument.

Hi,colleagues,

Could you help me in this case ?

I need to remove this default Tab"Structure" in the object"Reference Document"

WCTYPE|wt.doc.WTDocument|com.ptc.ReferenceDocument

1.jpg

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

I believe this can only be done via customization. Are you willing to go down that road?

We have done something similar for Document tabs.

When you create additional custom tabs for CAD doc info pages in UI, my colleague informs me that they are both CAD type (model/assembly/drawing) and CAD app specific. Something to bear in mind at least.

• update -file docsb-actions

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<listofactions> <objecttype name="docsb" resourceBundle="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.doc.docsb.docsbActionsRB"> <action name="docStructureGWT"> <command url="netmarkets/jsp/docsb/docsb.jsp"/> <includeFilter name="HideHistoryTab" />

</action>

• create HideHistoryTab.java and class
  • create servive HideHistoryTab in the file service.properties.

briefly that way I could do.

Thanks,

Hi Ezio,

I am very new on windchill customization, would you mind giving me some step on this requirment. We use windchill for document management and have different document subtypes defined. This requirment is need to hide some of the tabs based on the subtype.

1) which ootb file I have to modify

2) Code example if you don't mind sharing the code

Thanks

Tem

MarekP.Nowaczyk
14-Alexandrite
(To:tanose)

Detailed explanation of customizing tab structure is not to complicated and documented in Windchill Customizer's Guide http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/158620/en/10_2_M010_WindchillCustomizationGuide.pdf

Take a look at chapter "Adding Actions and Hooking Them Up in the UI" under "Tab Models". There you also find an examples.

Hope this helps,

Marek

Top Tags