cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to solve these referential integrity violation?

lnessi
1-Newbie

How to solve these referential integrity violation?

Hello,

I have to delete a file part (called eliminate.prt), that file was in an assembly and after substituted.

I remove form Winchill cabinets all the old versions of the assemblies and relative drawings were that file was related, but I still can't eliminate that file.

The error message is in the picture below. 

eliminare.JPG

What is the solution?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The simple solution is to use a life cycle state that is hidden from all users except the Org & Site admins.

Decide on the life cycle state you wish to use.

Change the object to that state.

Go into Policy Administration and set the admins to full control of that object type at that state.

Set all other users to deny full control of that object type at that state.

When you do this users can't see it and can't open it. Assemblies that a user tries to open with that particular iteration will instead revert to using the latest iteration. If the assembly is trying to use the only iteration which is unavailable, the model will fail and the component will need to be removed from the model tree.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The simple solution is to use a life cycle state that is hidden from all users except the Org & Site admins.

Decide on the life cycle state you wish to use.

Change the object to that state.

Go into Policy Administration and set the admins to full control of that object type at that state.

Set all other users to deny full control of that object type at that state.

When you do this users can't see it and can't open it. Assemblies that a user tries to open with that particular iteration will instead revert to using the latest iteration. If the assembly is trying to use the only iteration which is unavailable, the model will fail and the component will need to be removed from the model tree.

Top Tags