cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

I can't undo checkout a WTObject

HenriMarchal
1-Newbie

I can't undo checkout a WTObject

Hello,

I've got an object that is in a wrong state. It is a workflow template. The Workflow Administrator shows me it as checked out (with a yellow mark), but it is impossible to check in it or to undo check out. And if I edit it and save it, the modifications are not taken account, no new iteration is created.

I suspect that the object is actually checked in but one of its attribute is wrongly set to "checked out".

I had a look in the database, but I do not understand how checkout functionnality works into it.

This is an extract of WFPROCESSTEMPLATE. There are 75 iterations of my object: "ECDoc_UnderReview". I have just pasted aroud ten of them.

NAME,CHECKOUTINFOISNULL,IDA3A2CHECKOUTINFO,STATECHECKOUTINFO,CLASSNAMEKEYA2CHECKOUTINFO,CLASSNAMEKEYCONTAINERREFEREN,IDA3CONTAINERREFERENCE

ECDoc_UnderReview 0 16090 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 39659 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 22369 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 50002 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 50488 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 54012 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 0 c/i (null) wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 39312 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 54320 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 54696 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 56434 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 56520 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4
ECDoc_UnderReview 0 56696 c/i wt.workflow.definer.WfProcessTemplate wt.inf.container.ExchangeContainer 4

In the middle, there is the only iteration not to have a STATECHECKOUTINFO value...

I don't know what kind of suspicious operation I have done on it before. And worse, I don't know how to figure out this problem !

Thank you for helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check in the new copy. By default, I think it's created in your personal cabinet as "checked out."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You probably created a wfprocess against the working copy of the wftemplate. I haven't done this in a while but let's see if this works.

Rename your workflow template as something else. We'll go with BUSTEDWFTEMPLATE

SaveAs BUSTEDWFTEMPLATE to the original name.

Edit your lifecycle template and remember the reference to BUSTEDWFTEMPLATE. Pick your newly created workflow template with the original name.

Check your lifecycletemplate in.

DON'T LET YOUR USERS CREATE ANY OBJECTS AGAINST YOUR CHECKED OUT LIFECYCLETEMPLATE.

Alternately, you could edit the lifecycletemplate via loadfile, instead of checking out.

Also, instead of any of these steps, you could find and complete/termine the process that was created against your working workflowtemplate. If it's a test object, do that.

I work only with test objects, so no problem to try everything that could solve the problem.

I have apparently terminated all the current processes of the lately created objects (WTDocument). But it was still impossible to undo check out on the WF.

So I tried to save as it, but the new WF is also marked "checked out" and it is also impossible to undo check out it.

I put here a stacktrace throwed when I try to overwrite the WF by using the import button:

Exception is:wt.vc.VersionControlException: wt.pom.UniquenessException: A datast
ore uniqueness constraint violation has occurred on the following objects.
Wf Process Template Master - ECDoc_UnderReview
Nested exception is: wt.pom.UniquenessException: A datastore uniqueness constrai
nt violation has occurred on the following objects.
Wf Process Template Master - ECDoc_UnderReview
LoadWorkflow:csvWfProcessTemplateEnd. Problem creating WfProcessTemplate object
"" in "ECDoc_UnderReview" template. Check Method Server log.

And this is the stacktrace when I hit on "undo check out" button:

wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressException: The object has no w
orking copy. It must be checked out for a working copy to exist.

What do you think about ? Do you believe that the object is really checked out. I don't think so...

Thank you for your help.

Check in the new copy. By default, I think it's created in your personal cabinet as "checked out."

Top Tags